Free Shipping on all orders.
An article in the Alturas Plaindealer, December 16, 1927, reported, “last Saturday evening, a number of business and professional men of Alturas met at the Congregational Church to discuss the advisability of forming a Rotary Club in Alturas.”
The presentation of the new charter was held at the Niles hotel on March 2, 1928. Over 200 Rotarians, wives, guests, and visiting dignitaries, arrived by train and auto.
The club held its first official meeting at the Ladies Civic Club on March 6, 1928. A few months later, the meeting place was moved to the Niles Hotel, where it remained until 1975 when the temporary closing of the Niles caused it to move to the Brass Rail. In 2014, the club returned to the Niles Hotel.
Chartered: January 24, 1928